March 29, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As a Communications Specialist, you will be:
- Supporting go-to-market objectives for Industry, Strategic Issues, and Practice Area groups through strategic and tactical development of marketing copy, content, and internal and external communications.
- Constructing clear and crisp copy for: marketing materials, ads, press releases, website and intranet content, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries and other communication pieces.
- Drafting, copy-editing and proofing internal communications.
- Applying content marketing strategies to support practice/industry group objectives.
- Working with the Senior Manager to develop and implement marketing communications plans to support firm strategic objectives and engage both internal and external audiences.
- Staying current on the cutting-edge marketing communications strategies and tactics, and proactively applying the same.
- Maintaining editorial control of content on various firm channels to ensure content appropriateness, quality, and appearance.
- Working with stakeholders across the firm to identify fresh, interesting stories and business wins that can be used as feature stories.
- Working with members of the leadership team and lawyers as required, to develop messaging.
- Ensuring that voice and language of content are consistent, overall tone and quality are appropriate and the brand language and position are reflected.
- Defining and maintaining overall adherence to the editorial/style guidelines.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- 5-7 years of related experience, ideally acquired in a law firm, professional services firm, ad agency or other position in which strong and varied writing skills are required.
- A completed degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Commerce preferred.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading (quality control) skills.
- Bilingual (English/French) written and verbal communication skills desirable, but not a requirement.
- High level of organizational awareness and proven ability to work in a high performing, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, national team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to develop strong relationships at all organizational levels.
- Exceptional project management and content management skills.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.