Communications Specialist (1-year contract)
April 03, 2019
We are looking for a candidate who has a strong project and process mindset to support key national projects on the communications team. The ideal candidate enjoys getting things done, has an eye for detail and is passionate about playing a role in helping the team achieve their milestones on time and within budget.
- Acts as a project operations specialist for the Communications team ensuring all deliverables and milestones are on track for completion and tracked appropriately in our various platforms, including:
- Completing and following-up on deliverables by the communications team and the management of schedules and communications throughout the lifecycle of department projects specifically as it relates to the firm’s Market Recognition Program
- Working closely with Senior stakeholders in the communication team to ensure all projects are on track
- Understanding the business aspects of initiatives in order to effectively contribute to the operational success of the group.
- Participating in resource management initiatives, including estimating capacity utilization and coordinating administrative workflow.
- Building relationships and effectively collaborating with a variety of stakeholders regionally and firm wide, at all levels of the organization, and externally with Awards and Directory vendors where necessary.
- Project management and reporting:
- Developing project plans to define scope, objectives, KPIs, schedule, stakeholders, and milestones;
- Identifying risks and mitigating actions;
- Ensure proactive project delivery within allotted budget and timelines;
- Manage and develop talent pool of external writers to assist in execution of Market Recognition Program;
- Providing regular status updates to Project Sponsor and to other stakeholders, as appropriate;
- Holding regular touch points with project teams;
- Maintaining Basecamp, portal and ClientConnect as they relate to project status.
- Strong project and process mindset.
- Completed post-secondary education in Business, Communications, Project Management or a related field.
- Certification in change management, project management or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience, ideally acquired in a legal or professional services environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a project management-structured environment, leading and supporting projects and change management initiatives.
- Able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Positive, team-player attitude
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.