Business Development Specialist
August 04, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
This role supports and collaborates with Clients & Markets (C&M) Leads, including Directors, Managers, and other Specialists, as they work with Practice and Industry Groups and International Markets with the goal of increasing market profile, deepening client relationships, and winning new business.
As a Business Development Specialist, you will be:
- Providing strategic support and recommendations for the development of marketing, business development, and client plans for various practice, industry, and strategic issues groups.
- Assisting with the execution of go-to-market strategies and targeting initiatives.
- Leading and/or providing support for the execution of business development initiatives including sponsorships, speaking engagements, directory and client award submissions, creating and maintaining marketing materials, and other duties as required.
- Working with Research, Client Service & Innovation (CSI) and Finance to compile and analyze competitive and business intelligence reports to assist with business development opportunities for practice/industry/client groups.
- Supporting lawyer and C&M team with client requests for firm information, such as credentials packages, info sheets and deal lists.
- Tracking business development and marketing activity/information in a variety of databases, including Salesforce.
- Supporting our Net Promoter Score (NPS) process to collect and track important feedback from our clients.
- Supporting the Marketing Solutions team, including routing requests to the appropriate functional teams, assisting with lawyer profile updates, and/or other services as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant experience, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.