Business Development Specialist (16 Month Contract)
October 01, 2019
McCarthy Tétrault is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of our service offerings. Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. We offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency, leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a predictable, effective service experience that solves our clients’ most complex problems.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
Our firm is looking for a dynamic change agent to fill the role of Business Development Specialist on our Clients & Markets team. In this role you will:
- Supporting Managers and Directors, Clients and Markets and lawyers on RFP and pitch efforts, including creating first drafts using RFP tools, overseeing and finalizing client-ready RFPs and proposals, and ensuring RFPs, proposals and pitch materials are tracked into the Firm’s business development databases.
- Analyzing sponsorship requests and providing recommendations.
- Working with Managers and Directors in Clients and Markets on the development and implementation of marketing and business development and client plans for practice/industry groups.
- Providing support to assigned practice/industry groups.
- Providing support to lawyers on the development of plans for assigned clients.
- Supporting lawyers with time-sensitive client requests for Firm information and deal lists.
- Participating in regional and Firm-wide marketing and business development initiatives and projects.
- Compiling and analyzing competitive and business intelligence reports to assist with business development opportunities for practice/industry groups.
- Providing support to the Clients and Markets team on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a legal or professional services firm.
- Strong communication and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests.
- Complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way with a great attention to detail.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Driven to produce high quality deliverables and deliver top-notch client service under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Is passionate about working for a firm/team that gives back to its community and takes equality and diversity very seriously.
- Loves working on a collaborative team, being involved in transformational projects and sharing ideas.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.