Business Development Specialist (12 Month Contract)
January 11, 2021
McCarthy Tétrault is leading the charge to adapt to changing client needs through the re-imagining of our service offerings. Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, diverse, entrepreneurial and evolves with the pace of business. We offer sophisticated legal and business advice that incents efficiency, leverages our deep industry knowledge and our national resources for a predictable, effective service experience that solves our clients’ most complex problems.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
We are looking for a dynamic change agent to fill a 12 month contract as a Business Development Specialist. In this role you will support our clients and drive efficiency by:
- Supporting efforts related to business development including contributions to proposals, pitches to clients and prospects, and writing other communications related to marketing and business development
- Researching practice and market tends, bringing insights forward to support content for RFPs, credentials and presentations
- Implementing and executing effective processes to support consistent and accurate collection, verification, management and reporting of key business (trip, referral and matter information).
- Liaising with and submitting transaction and case information quarterly and annually to third party reporting agencies and league tables
- Maintaining transaction and case lists for various practices across the firm. Running ad-hoc reports for lawyers and Clients & Markets team members across the firm, ensuring information is accurate
- Developing directory submissions and adapting existing submissions for use with other ranking organizations. Coordinating ranking research interviews and developing interview preparation sheets. Making edits to submissions and coordinating approvals as required
- Becoming an in-house expert on select directories and awards, assisting in the analysis and entry of submission results, and preparing and submitting directory listings
- Collaborating with the Clients & Markets team on Business As Usual (“BAU”) projects
We are looking for someone who:
- Has completed post-secondary education in the field of Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Possesses a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, ideally within a professional services organization
- Enjoys exercising strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem-solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Thrives in an environment that requires a high level of attention to detail, the ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and both autonomous and collaborative work
- Never met a process they couldn’t improve while still seeing the big picture
- Loves working on a collaborative team, being involved in transformational projects and sharing ideas
- Writes in cogent, concise business language and hates trite marketing-speak
- Is a cool curious geek, inspired by the possibilities of technology
- Is passionate about working for a firm/team that gives back to its community and takes equality and diversity very seriously
If you are excited by being at the vanguard of the evolution of the Legal Industry, please contact us at [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.