Business Development Coordinator
January 12, 2023
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As a Business Development Coordinator, you will be:
- Working in collaboration with the Director, Sr. Manager and Manager responsible for Ontario BD initiatives to provide support for regional and firm-wide business development initiatives and projects.
- Gathering, collating, organizing and summarizing client/prospect and industry intelligence with support from the Research team.
- Supporting BD team / lawyers with client requests for firm information, such as credentials packages, info sheets and deal lists.
- Tracking and reporting on business development and marketing activity/information in a variety of databases, including Salesforce.
Sports & Entertainment Tickets
- Executing and tracking requests for Toronto sporting and cultural events, including:
- Assessment and allocation recommendations.
- Coordinating the Scotiabank Arena suite, including making catering orders, communicating logistics to lawyers and clients.
- Providing support to lawyers and clients in accessing electronic tickets.
- Managing account with MLSE.
- Working with Accounting/Finance/VMO to process invoices and renewals.
- Researching and data gathering for sponsorship opportunities to conduct a cost/benefit analysis and provide initial recommendations for involvement.
- Coordinate the execution of sponsorship obligations including working with the Communications team to develop advertisements or promotional materials, sending logos and marketing collateral, coordinating tables, invoicing, and ensuring relevant data is tracked for future reference in Salesforce.
Swag, Promotional Items and Holiday Gifting
- Project managing the firm’s national holiday gifting program, including engaging and instructing vendors, communicating with firm leaders, training Legal Assistants on their responsibilities, delegating responsibilities to regional BD Coordinators, and being the main point-of-contact for questions.
- Coordinating corporate gift and promotional items requests.
- Tracking and managing inventory.
- Working with Manager, Clients & Markets (BD Ontario) to update and refresh items to reflect modern client needs and interests, including recommending new items for inventory.
- Tracking marketing and business development invoices and ensuring proper approvals for all invoices are received.
- Supporting Ontario Directors and Managers with credit card remittance processes on a monthly basis.
- Working with Accounting/Finance/VMO to process invoices.
- Supporting the Marketing Solutions team, including services for Help Desk, lawyer profile updates, Client Connect training, and/or other services as they are developed.
- Providing project management and other support for monthly internal newsletter.
- Providing other support to the team as needed.
As our ideal candidate, you will distinguish yourself by the following profile:
- College or undergraduate degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Two years of pertinent experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; ability to quickly learn and leverage new technology solutions. Experience working with Salesforce and SharePoint an asset.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Attention to detail with strong focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to monitor deadlines.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.