Business Development Coordinator
July 15, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Delivery team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry. We are looking for a business-oriented, dynamic change agent to fill the role of Business Development Coordinator.
As a Business Development Coordinator, you will be:
- With guidance from and in collaboration with Clients & Markets Leads for industries and practice groups, provide support for marketing and Business Development (BD) initiatives, including:
- Coordinating and supporting go-to-market strategies, targeting initiatives and BD plans.
- Compiling, summarizing and analyzing competitive, market and business intelligence.
- Reviewing and executing sponsorship opportunities, including analyzing requests, communicating recommendations to lawyers, organizing attendance, signage, materials, invoicing, follow-up activities, and tracking and reporting on sponsorships and related information using Salesforce.
- Tracking and reporting on business development and marketing activity/information in a variety of databases, including Salesforce, SharePoint and Basecamp.
- Developing first drafts of BD and marketing materials.
- Providing support to the Clients & Markets team on BD, marketing, and communications initiatives an as-needed basis.
- Supporting the BD team / lawyers with client requests for firm information, such as credentials packages, info sheets and deal lists.
- Supporting the Marketing Solutions team, including routing requests to the appropriate functional teams, assisting with lawyer profile updates, and/or other services as needed.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant business experience, ideally acquired in a large professional services organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; ability to quickly learn and leverage new technology solutions. Experience working with Salesforce and SharePoint an asset.
- Professional maturity including strong interpersonal skills, tact and discretion.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way, with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.