Billing and Operations Coordinator MT>3*
January 25, 2019
*MT>3 is A division of McCarthy Tétrault. Leaders in e-discovery, information governance and the management of digital information.
- Working closely with Billings Supervisor, Analysts and Legal Professionals to manage billing process from beginning to end.
- Ensuring billing deadlines, accruals and status updates are met for clients, with appropriate communication to billing lawyers and billing assistants.
- Managing the opening and administration of client files internally and externally including providing the matter and timekeeper information, creating and modifying various invoice formats and set-up of new phase and task code sets, when necessary.
- Ensuring client invoices and related correspondence are managed and distributed in collaboration with finance or sent directly to the client.
- Reviewing, tracking and communicating client fee structures, rate changes, special billing requests and invoices to determine compliance with Firm policies and procedures.
- Managing daily time entry and related reporting for independent contract lawyers and other timekeepers including time transfers, narrative edits and fee adjustments on pre-bills as instructed by billing lawyer.
- Accurate and responsive management of the weekly and monthly billing cycle, reports and file transfers.
- Preparation and completion of retainer letters as directed by division lead.
- Preparing monthly statements where applicable;
- Performing project work, leading and co-ordinating or participating in projects as assigned
- Assisting Director of Operations and Legal Professionals with other client reporting needs and financial requirements from time to time
- Supporting the Director of Operations as required and assigned on various operational activities, policies and practices.
- Managing Vendor invoice process from beginning to end including communication with vendors, AP personnel, and diarising vendor contract renewal and information,
- Managing operational and administrative Outlook and Sharepoint working groups.
- Reviewing reports to ensure that all professional reporting including Law Society and Bar membership fees and filings are up to date and that all firm insurance policies and applicable liability insurance is in place for all contract lawyers.
- Liaising and working collaboratively with colleagues in other offices.
- 5 years of Administrative experience in a legal setting and/or relevant certification.
- University or College education or equivalent combination of work experience.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow up skills.
- Strong financial management/reporting skills, including data analysis.
- Superior time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent client-service orientation.
- Excellent MS Office skills with advanced proficiency in Excel. Knowledge of time keeper software – Carpe Diem, Clicktime - an asset
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail : [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.