Bilingual Total Rewards Specialist
July 02, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Reporting to the Total Rewards Manager, the Bilingual Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for the firm-wide rigorous management of employee, lawyer and retiree benefits programs, including:
-Effectively and accurately provide answers to questions asked to the Total Rewards Centre of Expertise via our dedicated email from HR Services.
-Take care of group insurance billing and group insurance plan reconciliations within the prescribed time frame.
-Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data and information pertaining to the Centre of Expertise and the HR system:
- Update the various eligibility lists for our employee and family benefits programs (employee and family assistance program, telemedicine, annual medical exam, etc.) on a regular basis.
- Validate data between the insurer and payroll/HR system and partner distribution every two weeks and monthly to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure the accessibility and accuracy of benefits information in the documentation provided to the firm (espresso and official documents).
-Data and HR monitoring:
- Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly data used for total compensation centre of expertise statistics and, in light of these results, suggest improvements to existing processes and programs.
- Using available HR data, measure the cost and benefits of existing and future benefits programs to be implemented.
-Create and update documentation and ensure the optimization of processes related to the activities of the Centre of Expertise in Total Rewards:
- Participate in optimizing and documenting payroll and benefits processing processes and generate new ideas for improving processes, procedures and tools.
- Identify opportunities and create tools and guides to provide our members with the best experience in our benefits programs, while ensuring effective administrative management.
- Ensure efficient and optimal use of technology in our internal practices and identify opportunities for improvement (iManage, Ultipro, OneDrive, etc.).
-Carry out daily follow-ups and other periodic activities of the Centre of Expertise:
- Facilitate employee benefits orientation meetings for new members of the firm.
- Support the HR Services team in managing absence files (maternity/parental disability, etc.).
- Provide the required information and ensure the integrity of data provided in the compensation surveys in which the Firm participates.
- Participate in HR projects related to human resources initiatives and the Total Rewards Centre of Expertise.
- Support the Total Rewards Manager in the daily activities and annual processes related to insurance, the pension plan and all other employee benefits.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or human resources.
- Bilingualism (English and French), both spoken and written.
- Working to obtain professional certification as a benefits specialist (CAAS or CEBS), an asset.
- At least three years of experience in a similar role related to HR and benefits analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, specifically Excel at an intermediate/advanced level.
- Knowledge of Canadian benefits legislation, regulations and programs.
- Excellent organizational, priority management and sense of urgency.
- Rigor and accuracy.
- Analytical and synthesis skills and ability to optimize processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as oral and written communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage several files at once, while demonstrating great flexibility and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of discretion and confidentiality.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.