Bilingual IT Trainer
January 13, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the tenth consecutive year in 2022, as well as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As a Bilingual IT Trainer, you will be:
- Providing input and collaborating with key stakeholders to develop, manage and maintain training strategies, polices and standards.
- Developing and maintaining e-learning modules, new hire training curriculum and work with HR to schedule and deliver new hire training.
- Developing and delivering workshops, demo sessions and training programs related to upgrades and new technology.
- Assisting with maintaining materials posted on the firm’s internal intranet.
- Reviewing macro requests, discussing with firm-wide training team, providing input to applications team regarding design and testing prior to deployment.
- Participating in/executing firm-wide and local office testing of upgrades and net new software.
- Writing and maintaining training documentation and staff manuals.
- Providing end user support coverage.
- Troubleshooting issues and working with other IT departments to assist in the resolution.
- Entering issues into the tracking system and following up on outstanding issues.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bilingual French/English.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. MOS certification preferred but not required.
- 6 to 10 years of related experience.
- Solid knowledge of adult education theories and practices.
- Development of eLearning strategies and modules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to correspond with lawyers and staff.
- Ability to transfer knowledge in an efficient, pleasant, and effective way using a variety of techniques including the ability to create end user documentation.
- Willingness to learn new software applications, operating systems and hardware.
- Some travel may be required.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.