Bilingual Events Specialist (14-month contract)
February 19, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Clients & Markets team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm’s ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
As a Bilingual Events Specialist, you will be:
- Researching, developing, planning and executing business development client events that are in line with the firm’s strategic direction.
- Providing the firm with a “one-stop approach” to event planning, including: Liaising with stakeholders, management and vendors, negotiating contracts, selecting venues or virtual event platforms, managing budgets and project managing events, developing timelines and workback schedules, Managing materials, invitations, RSVPs, onsite staffing, AV requirements, vendor/supplier relationships, registration, catering, gifts and entertainment.
- Providing high-level strategic event planning advice (hospitality and content) on topics, venues, technology, pacing, targeting, contacting, dates, trends, formats, and presentations.
- Working closely with the lawyers, legal assistants and Business Development stakeholders to develop well-targeted guest lists comprised of clients and prospects.
- Developing and maintaining detailed and comprehensive event summaries to monitor the health of each program; compiling all details and ensuring a seamless execution.
- Producing detailed and comprehensive event reports (pre and post) tracking attendance, budget, opportunities and successes. Making recommendations for future events: analyzing ROI, scheduling post-mortem meetings with responsible lawyers to discuss “best practices” and “lessons learned”.
- Providing stakeholders and Clients and Markets professionals across the firm with regular event updates.
- Maintain the National Event Tracker on a real-time basis.
- Working closely with lawyers, internal service teams and marketing professionals across the firm.
- Contributing to the Clients and Markets department initiatives and special projects, as required.
- Contributing to National Events team special projects, as required.
- Supporting client hospitality and multi-client seminars onsite and offsite. Supporting national seminar events with a focus on the Quebec region.
- Providing administrative and marketing support to the Director, Clients & Markets (Business Development).
- Supporting strategic sponsorship events.
- Supporting additional regional marketing and business development projects
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, communications, and/or a diploma in event planning or equivalent work experience.
- Bilingual with strong written and verbal business communication skills in both French and English
- Five years’ experience in major event planning in corporate, hospitality and/or not-for-profit environments
- Experience in legal or professional services firms an asset.
- Profession designation an asset
- Superior organizational skills and ability to handle many projects concurrently.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Flexibility to work extra hours during peak periods, and regularly outside of normal business hours.
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software an asset.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.