Bilingual Events Coordinator
April 13, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Montreal. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As an Events Coordinator, you will be:
- Under the guidance and direction of the Events Manager you will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all aspects of internal in-person, virtual and hybrid events including:
- Working with the National Conference Services teams to provide direction and request support in executing internal events (onsite & offsite) and onsite client events.
- Identifying and reporting on the event costs, and ensuring all documentation and catering orders are complete and accurate.
- Coordinating both in-house third party providers and external vendors and suppliers in order to deliver on event needs pertaining to venues, rentals, entertainment.
- Working directly with the third party Food & Beverage supervisor to ensure catering activities are executed according to plan.
- Liaising regularly with the Events Manager and members of other teams including:
- Communicating audio-visual requirements to IT and ensuring they are in place for the event.
- Coordinating room set-up and catering arrangements and ensuring after hours events support is in place (cleaning staff, elevator bank usage, vendor parking, etc).
- Working collaboratively with the Clients & Markets team to ensure that event needs are fully met.
- Keeping the Supervisor informed of progress on projects, as well as any issues that require escalation (unhappy client, outstanding payments, approvals for spending/agreements). Producing weekly event reports for Team Scoop and other management reports.
- Fostering strong cross-departmental relationships as they relate to the use of the Firm’s conference centre for both internal and client events.
- Answering incoming calls and emails promptly and professionally and addressing them in a timely and respectful manner.
- Maintaining utmost confidentiality regarding both internal and external client meetings and interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- College/University Diploma in Business, Marketing, Communications, and/or a Diploma in Event Planning required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event planning preferably in a professional services/hospitality environment.
- Bilingualism (English and French) required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Strong professional demeanour and an approachable disposition.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure all tasks and client needs are anticipated and met promptly, with the utmost discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships.
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.