Bilingual Document Specialist (Weekend shift)
October 12, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected in 2021 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Hours of work: Friday - Sunday 8:00am - 8:00pm EST / 6:00am - 6:00pm MST / 5:00am - 5:00pm PST
As a Document Specialist, you will be:
Providing firm-wide document support, using your advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), by:
- Creating various legal and other documents through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods.
- Converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, creating tables, working with graphs and objects.
- Proofreading and checking documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and sense/clarity.
- Correcting document corruption, document version comparisons and checking for accurate revisions.
- Responding promptly to requests, meeting deadlines, and working cooperatively with other departments and individuals within the Firm.
- Managing the intake process of all document production requests and document support requests which includes prioritizing and coordinating work for completion.
- Applying word processing expertise to be able to work on complex legal and other documents.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Advanced-level technical skills in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, and procedures are an asset.
- Transcription experience is an asset.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.