Bilingual Document Specialist
September 10, 2019
McCarthy Tétrault has exciting opportunities for Bilingual Document Specialists to join our Document Services Group (DSG) located in either Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal. As a member of the team, you will play a key role in providing advanced French and English document production and support across the firm.
Monday to Friday morning, afternoon and evening shifts available
What you will do
You will be providing firm-wide document support, using your advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), by:
- Creating various legal and other documents through copy typing, transcription, scanning or other methods.
- Converting styles, performing mail merges, inserting media into presentations, creating tables, working with graphs and objects.
- Proofreading and checking documents for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, and sense/clarity.
- Correcting document corruption, document version comparisons and checking for accurate revisions.
- Responding promptly to requests, meeting deadlines, and working cooperatively with other departments and individuals within the Firm.
- Managing the intake process of all document production requests and document support requests which includes prioritizing and coordinating work for completion.
- Applying word processing expertise to be able to work on complex legal and other documents.
What you bring to the role
- Advanced-level technical skills in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Bilingualism (French/English) required.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, and procedures are an asset.
- Transcription experience is an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to:
E-mail: [email protected]
McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status.
Job ID: S641