Bilingual Communications & Public Relations Specialist
February 12, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential
Our Clients & Markets/Client Service Innovation team brings market strategy and service delivery innovation under one umbrella to ensure the needs of our clients are always top of mind. Our team plays an integral role in advancing the firm's ambitious strategy at the vanguard of the legal industry.
In this role, you will be supporting the Director, Clients and Markets on marketing and communication initiatives for the Québec Region.
As a Bilingual Communications & Public Relations Specialist, you will be:
- Writing craft clear and crisp copy for French social media, press releases, website and intranet content, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries and other communication pieces.
- Developing and implement marketing communications plans to support firm objectives and engage both internal and external audiences, with oversight provided by the Director or Senior Manager, Clients and Markets.
- Responding to incoming media requests
- Proactively pitching media to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Drafting, copy-edit and proof internal/external communications as needed
- Providing lawyers and practice groups with advice and assistance regarding profile-building and effective marketing communications strategies and tactics.
- Staying current on the recent and cutting-edge marketing communications strategies and tactics, and proactively apply same.
- Maintaining and improving McCarthy Tétrault’s reputation through the evaluation and participation in awards, rankings, publishing opportunities and other external recognitions.
- Developing reviews and recommendations related to awards, directories, publishing and other recognition opportunities, ensuring brand consistency and evaluating reputational impact of win.
- Working closely with other practices and industry leaders to prepare (research and write) the development of persuasive Firm, lawyer and client submissions to leading industry ranking and award organizations. Coordinating ranking research interviews and developing interview preparation sheets. Making edits to submissions and coordinating approvals as required.
- Assisting with communication plans including drafting news announcements related to directories and awards.
- Preparing and submitting directory listings, i.e. Global 100, Legal Alliance, Benefits and Pension Monitor, AML.
- Providing regional support as needed.
- Performing general research and administrative duties, as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree, ideally in Commerce, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- Bilingual with strong written and verbal business communication skills in both French and English
- Minimum of 5-7 years related work experience, ideally in a law firm, professional services firm, or other complex matrix organization.
- Exceptional project management and content management abilities.
- High level of organizational awareness and proven ability to work in high performing, multi-stakeholder and diverse environments.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading (quality management) skills.
- Adept at working in a project managed and high performing environment, bringing best practices and fresh thinking to our marketing approach, and ensuring content is well managed and leveraged to help increase efficiency.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated national (firm-wide).
- Experience communicating in a professional capacity via a variety of social media channels is required.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.