May 02, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary or Quebec City. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As a Applications Analyst, you will be:
- Providing day to day operation of applications services in accordance to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices, which include incident management, problem management, release management, change management, etc.
- Serving as second/third level support in incident resolution related to applications.
- Supporting the Director in the administration and operation of the application portfolio life cycle. The Application portfolio life cycle entails the development, maintenance (including break fix and patching), refreshes, and end of life decommissioning of the application portfolio, which includes business applications and end user computing (e.g. desktop/laptop/mobile device) software.
- Together with the Applications Team, maintaining application development standards and procedures.
- Ensuring operational integrity of core application tools/technologies is maintained.
- Maintaining applications in accordance to systems development life cycle while ensuring applications functions are designed / configured to meet business requirements; tested in accordance to the testing methodology; performed in accordance to operating requirements; deployed to meet service/operating/compliance requirements; maintained & operated in compliance to IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring documentation is developed, maintained; and knowledge is transferred among IT stakeholders.
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Director on opportunities to improve performance/capacity and to mitigate risk of application services.
- Participating in work teams with stakeholders in IT, Project Management Office (PMO), vendors, and other business practice groups from an application development life cycle perspective. This includes soliciting input and working with IT Security to ensure compliance to security policy and requirements.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology.
- Five years of information technology experience.
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes, an asset.
- Ability to acquire, apply and maintain a body of knowledge related to the field.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, and appropriately applying judgment about the prioritization of effort.
- Strong organizational, work management and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Exceptional computer knowledge and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology and latest information.
- Knowledge of Application System Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS Office suite and M365.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Knowledge and experience managing remote access technologies including Citrix, SSL VPN, Windows Terminal Services.
- Knowledge and experience with Service NOW for Incident Management.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.