November 23, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the tenth consecutive year in 2022, as well as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
In this role, you will be:
- Providing day to day operation of applications services in accordance to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices, which include incident management, problem management, release management, change management, etc.
- Serving as second/third level support in incident resolution related to applications.
- Supporting the Director, Applications in the administration and operation of the application portfolio life cycle. The Application portfolio life cycle entails the development, maintenance (including break fix and patching), refreshes, and end of life decommissioning of the application portfolio, which includes business applications and end user computing (e.g. desktop/laptop/mobile device) software.
- Together with the Applications Team, maintaining application development standards and procedures.
- Ensuring operational integrity of core application tools/technologies is maintained.
- Maintaining applications in accordance to systems development life cycle while ensuring applications functions are designed / configured to meet business requirements; tested in accordance to the testing methodology; performed in accordance to operating requirements; deployed to meet service/operating/compliance requirements; maintained & operated in compliance to IT policies and procedures.
- Ensuring documentation is developed, maintained; and knowledge is transferred among IT stakeholders.
- Providing advice and recommendations to the Director, Applications on opportunities to improve performance / capacity and to mitigate risk of application services.
- Participating in work teams with stakeholders in IT, Project Management Office (PMO), vendors, and other business practice groups from an application development life cycle perspective. This includes soliciting input and working with IT Security to ensure compliance to security policy and requirements.n/a
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- University degree or equivalent in Information Technology.
- Three to five years of information technology experience.
- Possess broad range of technical/application knowledge (business, middleware, end user computing software, SaaS, PaaS, networking, security,etc).
- Experience with a professional service organization’s structure and processes would be an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks, and appropriately applying judgment about the prioritization of effort
- Strong organizational, work management and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to acquire, apply and maintain a body of knowledge related to the field.
- Bilingualism an asset (French and English).
- Exceptional computer knowledge and ability to keep up-to-date with changes in technology and latest information.
- Knowledge of Application System Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS Office suite and M365.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Knowledge and experience managing remote access technologies including Citrix, SSL VPN, Windows Terminal Services.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.