AP Accountant (3-month contract)
November 22, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the tenth consecutive year in 2022, as well as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
As an AP Accountant, you will be:
- Processing invoices and cheque requisitions according to published internal service level standards. Including:
- Reviewing invoices and cheque requisitions to validate appropriate general ledger account codes;
- Ensuring evidence of authorization in accordance with internal invoice approval policy;
- Ensuring adherence to vendor payment terms, payment currency and preferred method of payment;
- Ensuring indirect taxes (HST,GST VAT, provincial sales tax) and withholding taxes are recorded where applicable based on Government regulations.
- Corresponding and liaising with vendors regarding payment discrepancies. Includes reconciling suppliers’ statements and following-up with various members of the firm to resolve discrepancies.
- Processing on-demand/off-cycle invoice and payment requests, as required.
- Downloading vendor invoices and statements from vendor portals, where applicable and uploading electronic files to the A/P subledger; reconciling upload files and clearing rejected items to ensure complete and timely invoice processing and payment to the vendor.
- Imaging all invoice, cheque and related documentation.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- University degree or college certificate in related field (e.g. Accounting, Business Administration or extensive A/P administration experience in lieu of a degree/certificate.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience, displaying a strong knowledge of accounts payable concepts, in a shared services, multi entity, multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge of Aderant or similar automated invoice processing and payment solution.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Competitive compensation including paid overtime.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.