August 05, 2022
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected for the tenth consecutive year in 2022 as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Our culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
This position can be based out of Toronto. McCarthy Tétrault employees benefit from a hybrid work environment.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be:
- Ensuring general upkeep and maintenance of premises including conference room, office supplies, furniture, and office equipment and liaising with building maintenance staff, as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of small kitchen/ break area including re-ordering of food and beverage supplies.
- Proofreading documents and checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar and clarity.
- Updating contact names and addresses in the client database on a regular basis.
- Coordinating client meetings, including scheduling rooms and arranging for catering or audio-visual equipment, as needed.
- Reviewing and routing incoming mail and fax communications, preparing and processing outgoing mail and faxes, and arranging for specialized mail or messenger services, as required.
- Receiving, handling screening and/or directing incoming calls as directed by lawyers, responding to routine inquiries and requests from clients, and taking messages, as required.
- Liaising and working collaboratively with colleagues in other offices.
- Run errands both out of office and between departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining and updating standards and procedures manual for independent contractors.
- Scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and confirming law society membership standing for all independent contractors.
- Assisting with the preparation and finalization of time entry daily basis according to Firm standards.
- Preparing and submitting invoices from independent contractors bi-weekly.
- Reviewing and validating dockets for independent contractors. Reviewing and validating invoices.
- Reviewing reports to ensure that all professional reporting including Law Society and Bar membership fees and filings are up to date and that all firm insurance policies and applicable liability insurance is in place for all contract lawyers.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post- secondary education preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience acquired in a professional services environment.
- Strong technical skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure to meet important deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to work overtime as required.
- Positive, friendly manner and customer service approach.
As a member of the McCarthy team, you will have access to:
- Outstanding benefits from day one, including insurance premiums paid by the Firm and wellness and technology reimbursements.
- Competitive compensation, paid overtime and generous time off, including a day off to volunteer and a day off for your birthday.
- A commitment to professional development and growth opportunities for our people at all levels, supported by a culture that fully embraces and encourages two-way feedback.
- Strong community involvement and a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A collaborative, cohesive culture that connects lawyers and business teams through collective purpose.
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your application to [email protected].We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.