April 06, 2021
At McCarthy Tétrault, we offer challenging and rewarding career opportunities and are delighted to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2021 for the ninth consecutive year. Our inclusive culture is built on professional excellence, collaboration, innovation, thought leadership and entrepreneurialism. We embrace inclusion in all its forms and we provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential.
Our Professional Resources team drives forward the firm’s inclusive talent strategy, focusing on recruitment, performance management and career advancement. The Student Director leads our law student program with an eye toward identifying and developing top talent as we build the firm of the future. In this spirit, the Student Director will also support lateral recruitment and legal talent integration.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience with recruitment, mentoring and firm management activities within a professional services firm, ideally in a leadership capacity
- Minimum of 3 years legal practice experience or equivalent experience
- LLB/BCL (strong asset)
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to EDI considerations and initiatives, including experience in creating an inclusive environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships and ability to exercise discretion and judgement
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
We invite you to submit your resume, cover letter and law school transcripts to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest in McCarthy Tétrault; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. We regret that we are unable to respond to individual inquiries about application status. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.