December 22, 2021
AS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU WILL BRING WITH YOU:
- Strong general corporate and securities law experience (ideally with a focus on high growth companies). Experience in corporate structuring, venture finance and mergers and acquisitions involving technology companies ideally gained in a law firm or in-house setting.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to articulate the client’s legal needs and roadmap.
- Ability to understand the client’s business objectives and overall strategy for their business and ability to issue spot across practice areas.
- Lead and coordinate discussions with internal teams to ensure the best advice and overall solution is delivered to clients.
- Engage the right expertise within the firm to address client requests.
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills in order to manage client expectations around turnaround time, information required, and the associated effort and costs to complete the work.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the client on legal and also business-related matters.
- Provide support and guidance to students and junior associates. Develop, implement, enhance and update MT>Ventures playbook and other relevant documents used to support clients.
- Focuses on Client Service: Capacity to identify, understand, and meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of internal and external clients in a timely manner.
- Works Well with Others (Teamwork): Ability to work effectively with others (e.g., team members, co-workers, supervisors, direct reports, clients, etc.) to achieve mutual goals.
- Demonstrates Flexibility: Ability to work effectively within a variety of situations, readily adapting to changes.
- Communicates Effectively: Capacity to exchange verbal and written information, ideas and feedback with individuals or groups to enhance and ensure mutual understanding.
- Focuses on Results: Commitment to setting, achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or firm goals.
- 2 - 6 years’ experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, including analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to self-learn new technologies and techniques without formal training
- Capacity to handle high-pressure situations and deadlines
Please submit applications to: [email protected]
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.