Debt Capital Markets Associate – McCarthy Tétrault, London, UK
January 11, 2022
The London, UK office of McCarthy Tétrault seeks a highly-motivated associate lawyer to join our Business Law Group.
The ideal candidate is motivated by excellent work and highly engaged colleagues in this dynamic and evolving area of practice. The candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Experience advising financial institutions issuing Main Market listed debt securities on the London and European regulated markets.
- Experience and knowledge of large-scale, complex, international debt capital markets transactions, including acting as issuer’s counsel.
- Experience working closely with financial institutions and other businesses within the financial services sector located around the globe.
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Strong analytical, communication and drafting skills; and
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and client service excellence.
The successful applicant will work closely with business law group partners and associates both in the UK and Canada and be part of a small but excellent team providing sophisticated legal advice to a diverse client base.
To learn more about our business law practice, please visit us at www.mccarthy.ca.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to McCarthy Tétrault in the UK for the attention of:
Manager, Finance and Human Resources
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP is a leading Canadian law firm that offers a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for clients in Canada and around the world. The firm has a substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London, UK. McCarthy Tétrault, Registered Foreign Lawyers and Solicitors, is a general partnership in the UK.
The UK Business Law Group possesses significant experience in corporate finance, capital markets and mergers and acquisitions, including handling complex domestic and international transactions as well as regulatory matters, major projects including project finance for a range of oil and gas, mining and other companies and Canadian financial institutions.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them. McCarthy Tétrault is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment.
Please note that, applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment from McCarthy Tétrault will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved in the UK as a condition of employment and to maintain their status as fully vaccinated as a condition of continued employment. McCarthy Tétrault will consider individual requests for accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to health or other grounds.