Business Law (Technology) Associate
March 24, 2021
The Vancouver Office of McCarthy Tétrault LLP seeks a highly-motivated lawyer to join our national Technology Group within our Business Law Group. The successful candidate will join a team providing a full range of business and technology law-related advice and assistance to clients that operate in a wide range of industries, including:
- assisting clients with technology-related transactions, including information technology outsourcings, technology licensing, distribution and alliance agreements, cloud services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and IT system development and integration projects;
- assisting technology company clients with financing transactions and M&A; and
- providing advice with respect to:
- start-up and global rollouts for technology companies;
- intellectual property rights protection, registration and licensing;
- cybersecurity, privacy and data management;
- e-commerce matters; and
- emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence and blockchain.
McCarthy’s Technology Group is ranked in the top tier for Canada by Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business for Information Technology, as well as by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory for Computer & IT Law.
The ideal candidate is motivated by excellent work and highly engaged colleagues in this dynamic and evolving area of practice. The candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of post-call commercial law experience, with a preference for candidates with experience in technology or technology company-related transaction work and/or technology-related commercial transactions;
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Strong analytical, communication and drafting skills; and
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and client service excellence.
The successful applicant will work closely with leading business law lawyers and be part of this top-tier team providing sophisticated business and technology-related legal advice to a diverse range of British Columbian, Canadian and international clients.
To learn more about our Technology practice, please visit us at www.mccarthy.ca.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and post-secondary academic transcripts by 5 p.m. on April 30, 2021, to the attention of:
Senior Director, Professional Resources (National)
Email: [email protected]
About McCarthy Tétrault LLP
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has a substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them. McCarthy Tétrault LLP is an equal opportunity employer and fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment.