Building competitive advantage for sustained success is as important to our firm as it is to our clients. It ensures we deliver the very best in service, advocacy and advice, and as our clients’ businesses grow, that we will always be on the cutting edge of what they need.
Welcome to mccarthy.ca, the online home for information about our lawyers, our firm and how we can help you and your business. It is also home to a vast and ever-growing collection of thought leadership on today’s most pressing legal and business questions written by our industry-leading lawyers.
Our strategy is unique in the legal market. Borne out of our values and enabled by our entrepreneurial spirit, it helps us meet our clients’ most pressing legal and business challenges. Our goal is to be:
- Canada’s top law firm serving public and private enterprises
- An enabler of our clients’ success globally
- A leader in innovation to help our clients more effectively (winner of the 2018 Financial Times Most Innovative Lawyers Award for Most Innovative Law Firm in Canada)
- Home to an environment that fosters and supports inclusion, collaboration and entrepreneurialism
To achieve this, we’re focused on five strategic initiatives being implemented across all areas of our firm. These initiatives were established by listening to our clients, to our people, and to the market. By understanding the challenges and opportunities faced by these individuals, we are confident that our firm will continue to thrive and grow.
- Focus on industry expertise – we are pioneers in the legal industry for our focus on developing industry-specific expertise amongst our lawyers. This deep knowledge of our clients’ industries and the industries that drive the Canadian and global economies allow us to provide the most relevant, strategic, and timely advice to our clients.
- Provide seamless client service beyond Canada – as our clients do business around the world, we will follow them to provide advice in a global context. Our firm boasts talent with global experience and region-specific expertise. In addition to this expertise, we continue to build strong relationships with law firms around the world so that we can provide our clients with the best service, wherever their business takes them.
- Deepen our client relationships – clients have always been our top priority and we are investing even more in developing stronger relationships with them by focusing on adding value to their business and building expertise amongst their in-house teams. In addition to the legal excellence our clients expect, we are working with them to provide value in new ways.
- Innovate our service delivery and business offerings – our firm has a history of pioneering new service delivery models and new service offerings. From the establishment of Dialogue Project Management®, our proprietary legal project management process, to the launch of MT>3, our digital information management service, we will continue to stay relevant to our clients by innovating and finding new ways to help their business to provide better, more effective and efficient service.
- Invest in our people - in order to provide the best service we must attract and retain the best talent. Across our firm, in every area, we are re-committing to consistent and high-level recruitment and training and to making more development opportunities available to our people. As one of Canada’s Best Employers, this continued investment in our people is paramount to our values, to our growth, and to our success.
We welcome any feedback you have on our website or on our firm.
Dave Leonard, Partner and Chief Executive Officer
David Lever, Partner and Chair of the Board of Partners