Six McCarthy Tétrault Lawyers Honoured by Who’s Who Legal
Toronto, February 15, 2012 — McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to announce that Law Business Research’s International Who’s Who of Merger & Acquisition Lawyers 2012 recognized six of our lawyers as leading practitioners. The recognitions underscore the firm’s position as one of Canada’s leading and most experienced law firms to advise on large and complex domestic and cross border M&A transactions. The partners who received the honour are as follows:
- Richard Balfour represents private and public corporations, investment dealers, merchant banks and private equity funds in corporate finance and M&A transactions in Canada and abroad.
- Cameron Belsher advises on M&A transactions, public and private equity and debt financings, joint ventures, project developments and income trust offerings.
- Patrick Boucher advises clients on takeover bids and going-private transactions, and represents issuers and underwriters on public offerings.
- Garth Girvan practises in the areas of corporate finance, M&A, corporate governance and financial institutions regulation.
- Graham Gow’s practice focuses on M&A, corporate finance and corporate governance matters.
- George Maziotis focuses his practice on M&A, corporate finance and private equity, with particular emphasis on cross-border transactions.
For more than 15 years, Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal publications have identified leading legal practitioners in 32 areas of business law. In naming leaders, the publication undertakes extensive research that includes consultation with clients and peers. This year’s winners are announced in the February edition.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.