Response to COVID-19: A message from our CEO, Dave Leonard
Further to our previous communication and as the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve rapidly, we want to update you, as a valued client of our firm, on further measures we are implementing as part of our business continuity plan. So as to maintain the social distancing necessary to protect each other and our local communities while continuing to conduct business and service your legal needs, along with the measures we implemented last week and communicated to you, we are putting in place as of today the following additional measures and support for you:
Business Continuity Update:
- Our offices will remain open as long as it is safe to do so. We are following the advice of our medical consultant and guarding the health and safety of our people and our clients. We will promptly advise you in the event of any office closure.
- As part of our business continuity planning, all of our people (lawyers and staff) have been equipped to work remotely. This includes the provision of laptops and all technical elements required. We are encouraging our people to work remotely if they can generally carry out their essential responsibilities from home and we anticipate that many of them will be working from home beginning today. We are confident that the measures we put in place will allow our people to continue to provide you with the legal services and responsiveness you require and expect from our firm.
- All other business continuity measures we set out in our previous communication remain in place.
- To support you during this challenging time we have launched the COVID-19 Hub on the McCarthy Tétrault website. The COVID-19 Hub provides access to the most up to date perspectives, timely information and insights on ways to manage the various business impacts of COVID-19, all in one place.
- We invite you to gain access to this comprehensive resource by visiting the link below.
- If we can provide further insight into COVID-19 or support you as the situation evolves, please do not hesitate to reach out to your relationship lawyer or to Trevor Lawson ([email protected]).
It is our privilege and honour to be your business partner. We are committed to keeping you informed and will continue to provide you with the support that you need. These are challenging times and we will get through this together.
Chief Executive Officer, Partner