McCarthy Tétrault’s transactional strength recognized by IFLR1000 Awards Canada 2020
Demonstrating national transactional strength and superior client service, McCarthy Tétrault received seven IFLR1000 Canada Awards. These awards are deep-rooted in legal innovation and highlight Canada’s top-performing firms and teams at both a provincial and national level.
The Firm has received the following awards:
- Québec Firm of the Year
- Canada M&A Team of the Year
- Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year - Richard O’Doherty
- Canada Banking and Finance Deal of the Year - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company and Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada in the closing of a secured credit facility to First Nation LP in order to finance its equity interest in Wataynikaneyap Power LP: We advised Manulife and Sun Life with a team led by Lynn Parson and Steve Furlan that included Jacob Stone and Alexandre Saulnier-Marceau (Financial Services), George Vegh (Regulatory), Joanna Rosengarten (Environment), Scott Chalmers (Construction), and Bryn Gray (Litigation/First Nations).
- Canada Restructuring & Insolvency Deal of the Year - The Government of Québec, as debt holder and equity provider, in connection with the renegotiation and CCAA proceedings of Stornoway Diamond Corporation:We advised the Government of Québec (Ressources Québec) with a team led by Richard O’Doherty and Jocelyn Perreault that included Philippe Bélanger, Louis-Nicolas Boulanger, Vincent Laurin, Jason Phelan, Mary Jeanne Phelan and Sunny Yang.
- Ontario Impact Deal of the Year - Canopy Growth's $3.4 billion acquisition agreement with Acreage Holding: We advised Greenhill with a team led by Robert Richardson that included David Woollcombe.
- Québec Impact Deal of the Year - Le Groupe Maurice's C$1 billion partnership with Ventas: We advised LGM with a team led by David McAusland and Hadrien Montagne that includes Mathieu LeBlanc, Alexandra Tremblay, Isabelle Nazon, Thomas Etienne, Alexis Hudon and Jessica Cytryn (Business), Richard O’Doherty and Marjolaine Hémond Hotte (Financial Services), Diana Theophilopoulos (Employment), Cindy Vaillancourt and Martin Thiboutot (Environment), Véronique Wattiez Larose, Charles Morgan and Emily Hutchinson (Intellectual Property), François Giroux and Sébastien Cusson (Litigation), Louis-Martin Dubé, Marie-Josée Marcoux and Mathieu Cantin (Real Property and Planning), Dominic Thérien and Julien Beaulieu (Competition and Regulatory), and Christian Meighen, Marie-Soleil Landry and Quentin Lageix (Tax).
The full list of 2020 IFLR1000 Canada Awards can be found here.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.