McCarthy Tétrault’s industry expertise recognized by LMG Life Sciences
September 22, 2022 - McCarthy Tétrault has been Highly Recommended in the Patent Litigation (Branded) and Product Liability categories, and Recommended in the Financial and Corporate category of the 2022 LMG Life Sciences rankings, recognizing our multidisciplinary expertise and innovative work helping clients achieve success across all aspects of the life sciences sector in North America.
Nine of our lawyers have also been recognized in the guide:
- Rami Chalabi: Life Sciences Star (Financial and Corporate)
- Ranjeev Dhillon: Life Sciences Star (Regulatory)
- David Frost: Life Sciences Star (Financial and Corporate)
- Michel Gagné: Life Sciences Star (Product Liability)
- Philippe Leclerc: Life Sciences Star (Financial and Corporate)
- Steven Mason: Life Sciences Star (IP)
- Frank McLaughlin: Life Sciences Star (Product Liability)
- Lisa Melanson: Life Sciences Star (IP)
- David Tait: Life Sciences Star (IP)
The firm also won three LMG Life Sciences Awards as announced at a ceremony in New York on September 8, including partner Philippe Leclerc, who was named the Canadian Financial & Corporate Attorney of the Year. In addition, McCarthy Tétrault earned the following awards:
- Canadian Product Liability Firm of the Year
- Impact Deal of the Year for our work on Aptose Biosciences $408-million license agreement with Hanmi Pharmaceutical (McCarthy Tétrault advised Aptose Biosciences with a team led by Québec City Office Lead Charles-Antoine Soulière that included partner Farhiyah Shariff)
LMG Life Sciences is a respected guide to leading North American law firms and lawyers serving the unique needs of businesses operating in the life sciences industry, with a particular focus on biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical devices, and Agritech. The LMG Life Sciences Awards celebrate individuals and law firms who are responsible for the most innovative and challenging life sciences work from the past year.
Both start-ups and established life sciences businesses in jurisdictions around the world rely on McCarthy Tétrault to meet their complex business and legal requirements. Whether it is advice on corporate finance and mergers & acquisitions, investments or divestitures, cross-border structuring, intellectual property protection, regulatory matters or international licensing transactions, McCarthy Tétrault has a long-established track record of delivering timely, practical and effective advice to our life sciences clients. We are here to help. Let us put our knowledge, experience and contacts to work for you. Contact us to find out more.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, providing strategic and industry-focused advice and solutions for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
– 30 –
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact: [email protected]