McCarthy Tétrault solidifies its position as a leader in M&A and PE in Q1 2019 league tables
Toronto, April 11, 2019 — McCarthy Tétrault solidified its position as a leading Canadian law firm in Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity in the Q1 2019 league tables. The results are a testament to the firm’s leadership in Canada in the M&A and PE space.
- #1 firm by value in the Global Principal Advisors Completed table (Refinitiv)
- #1 Canadian firm by value in the Global Completed table (Refinitiv)
- #1 Canadian firm by value for Global Private Equity Deals (Bloomberg)
McCarthy Tétrault advised on 15 M&A deals completed globally with a combined value of $165 billion, representing a 21% market share, according to Refinitiv.
The firm’s M&A and PE groups was involved in several marquee transactions in the first quarter, including:
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc.’s US$4.8 billion acquisition of Oaktree Capital Group, as counsel to the special committee of Oaktree
- OMERS Infrastructure’s C$3.25 billion acquisition of a 10.01% stake in 407 International from SNC-Lavalin
- Saputo Inc.’s C$1.7 billion acquisition of Dairy Crest Group plc, as counsel to co-lead arrangers to Saputo
- Noverco Inc.’s C$1.12 billion acquisition of Valener
- CCMP Capital Advisors’ US$1 billion acquisition of BGIS
- Newcrest Mining’s US$806.5 million acquisition of a 70% joint venture interest in Red Chris copper and gold mine in British Columbia from Imperial Metals
- Mubadala Capital, ParkJockey and Softbank’s (through a significant investment in ParkJockey) acquisition of Impark from a subsidiary of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
- Air Canada's acquisition of the Aeroplan rewards program from Aimia Inc., as counsel to CIBC
- InstarAGF Asset Management, Partners Group and Kilmer Van Nostrand Co. Limited’s sale of Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport's passenger terminal to JP Morgan Asset Management
- City Capital Ventures’ acquisition of Burger King and Pizza Hut franchisee business from Redberry Group
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres as well as in New York City and London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them. For further information, go to www.mccarthy.ca.