McCarthy Tétrault practitioners are among the best lawyers
Toronto, August 25, 2014 — McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to announce that 12 of its lawyers were recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" for their abilities, professionalism and integrity in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada. Selected annually via a peer-review survey, only one lawyer is identified for each practice area in the evaluated cities. This designation reflects the high level of respect these lawyers have earned among their peers.
McCarthy Tétrault’s "Lawyer of the Year" professionals are as follows:
- François Amyot – Securities Law (Québec City)
- Richard Balfour – Securities Law (Vancouver)
- Cameron Belsher – Mergers & Acquisitions Law (Vancouver)
- Marc Dorion QC, Ad. E. – Energy Regulatory Law (Montréal)
- Garth Girvan – Mergers & Acquisitions Law (Toronto)
- David I.W. Hamer – Director and Officer Liability Practice (Toronto)
- Marie-Josée Hogue, Ad. E. – Bet-the-Company Litigation (Montréal)
- Donald Houston – Competition/Antitrust Law (Toronto)
- W. Niels Ortved – Medical Negligence (Toronto)
- Matthew Peters – Information Technology Law (Vancouver)
- Barry Sookman – Information Technology Law (Toronto)
- George Vegh – Energy Regulatory Law (Toronto)
Several of the above named lawyers have appeared as "Lawyer of the Year" in previous iterations of the guide, including François Amyot, Richard Balfour, Cameron Belsher, Garth Girvan, Matthew Peters and Barry Sookman.
First published in 2006, the Best Lawyers in Canada’s 2015 guide features more than 140 of the firm’s lawyers, 280 times, across 49 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.