McCarthy Tétrault lawyers named Lawyer of the Year in The Best Lawyers in Canada
Toronto, August 13, 2013 — For over 25 years, Best Lawyers in Canada has compiled its list of outstanding lawyers and this year, McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to have 13 lawyers recognized as "Lawyer of the year" in the 2014 edition.
Only one lawyer in each practice area in each evaluated city can be named "Lawyer of the Year" for his or her abilities, professionalism and integrity. The designation reflects the high level of respect they have earned among peers in the same practice area.
The following McCarthy Tétrault professionals were names "Lawyer of the Year":
- Marc-André Blanchard – Montréal Defamation and Media Law
- François Amyot– Québec City Corporate Law
- Leonard T. Doust QC– Vancouver Criminal Defense
- J. Robert Doyle– Montréal Equipment Finance Law
- Byran Gibson QC–Vancouver Structured Finance Law
- David A. N. Lever– Toronto Project Finance Law
- Charles S. Morgan– Montréal Technology Law
- Kieth Mullback– Calgary Real Estate Law
- D. James Papadimitriou– Montréal Asset-Based Lending
- David E. Platts– Montréal Medical Negligence
- Simon V. Potter– Montréal International Trade and Finance Law
- Madeleine Renaud– Montréal Administrative and Public Law
- Rosemarie Wertschek QC–Vancouver Tax Law
In Best Lawyers’ 2014 guide, over 150 McCarthy Tétrault practitioners are recognized across 42 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.