McCarthy Tétrault is lauded as Canada’s best law firm for women
Toronto, June 6 , 2013 — McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to announce that for the second consecutive year, Legal Media Group has awarded the firm Best Law Firm for Women in Canada, as well as four other distinctions for its successes in diversity initiatives.
Partners Rosemarie Wertschek, Lisa Vogt, Sarit Batner, Paul Boniferro and Douglas Cannon attended the Women in Business Law Awards gala for the Americas in New York last night to receive the following:
- Best Law Firm in Canada, celebrating the firm’s overall excellence in supporting and advancing gender diversity, innovation, mentoring, work-life balance, pro bono work and talent management
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by a National Law Firm in North America, in recognition of the firm’s range of initiatives designed to assist women lawyers in their professional development
- Best National Firm Work-Life Balance in North America, honouring the firm’s support of flexible hours, parental leave policies and childcare support
- Best National Firm for Women in Business Law in North America, paying tribute to the firm’s collaborative, inclusive approach to the delivery of legal services
- Rising Star in Litigation, honouring McCarthy Tétrault partner Sarit Batner, who maintains a significant trial and appellant litigation practice, with a focus on complex commercial litigation and arbitrations
"I’m absolutely delighted at this recognition," said Paul Boniferro, National Leader, Practices and People. "Our firm has worked very hard across all our offices to foster a truly diverse culture – one that is embraced during the course of all our work with clients, in our internal activities and practices, and in our community involvements. We are honoured to be a firm known for our commitment to women."
Legal Media Group is part of the Euromoney Institutional Investor group of publishers. This is its second year to hold an awards event for Women in Business Law in the Americas, to recognize the achievements of female lawyers across the western hemisphere, and firms for their programs and efforts to address issues facing women in law, such as gender diversity initiatives, flexible work schedules, mentoring and talent management.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, U.K.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.