McCarthy Tétrault Announces New Senior Leadership Team
Toronto, April 20, 2016 — McCarthy Tétrault today announced several changes to the firm’s Senior Leadership Team. The changes follow this month’s earlier appointment of Dave Leonard as the new CEO.
“I am confident this talented and business-focused group of professionals will meet our vision to grow as an innovative, market leading firm,” said David Leonard, the firm’s CEO. “Each of these individuals has the passion and proven track record to help lead the firm.”
The following senior leadership changes are effective immediately and report to Mr. Leonard:
- Kim Thomassin will become the firm’s National Client Leader, responsible for growing the firm’s work within the regions McCarthy Tétrault operates in Canada.
- Barb Boake will become the firm’s National Practice Leader, responsible for the development of people and their practices.
- Shea Small will become the firm’s International and Business Strategy Leader, responsible for the firm’s growth strategy outside of Canada, as well as new non-traditional areas of growth.
- Matthew Peters will become the National Innovation Leader, leading the firm’s profitability improvement initiatives and the development of innovative ways to deliver the firm’s services to clients.
- Tracie Crook will continue in her role as the firm’s Chief Operating Officer.
“Today’s announcement speaks to the strength of our people and their commitment to the firm,” said Cameron Belsher, Partner and Chair of McCarthy Tétrault’s Board of Partners. “In building this team, we sought a diverse and experienced group of individuals focused on the firm and the delivery of client service.”
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.