Best Lawyers in Canada honours 16 McCarthy Tétrault lawyers as “Lawyer of the Year”
Toronto, August 10, 2016 – McCarthy Tétrault congratulates 16 of its lawyers who were recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” in the 2017 Edition of Best Lawyers in Canada, released today. “Lawyer of the Year” status goes to the lawyers who received the highest overall feedback in Best Lawyers extensive annual peer-only survey. Each year, only one lawyer is chosen for each practice area in each evaluated city. This recognition is a reflection of a lawyer’s reputation as a leader among their peers in the legal industry.
The following McCarthy Tétrault practitioners were named "Lawyer of the Year":
- François Amyot – Securities Law (Québec City)
- Cameron Belsher – Mergers and Acquisition Law (Vancouver)
- John Boscariol – International Trade and Finance Law (Toronto)
- Keith Burrell QC – Real Estate Law (Vancouver)
- Michel Deschamps – Banking and Finance Law (Montréal)
- Pierre Jolin – Labour and Employment Law (Québec City)
- Pierre Langlois – Aboriginal Law (Montréal)
- David Lever – Project Finance Law (Toronto)
- David McAusland – Natural Resources Law (Montréal)
- Simon Potter – Administrative and Public Law (Montréal)
- Patrick Shea – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law (Montréal)
- Robin Sirett – Energy Regulatory Law (Vancouver)
- Barry Sookman – Technology Law (Toronto)
- George Takach – Information Technology Law (Toronto)
- Gérald Tremblay, QC, Ad.E. – Defamation and Media Law (Montréal)
- Jill Yates – Class Action Litigation (Vancouver)
The firm also received the “Law Firm of the Year” award for Real Estate Law. This national award recognizes a single top firm for its work in a specific legal practice area, and is determined based on a several factors including: lawyer ballot feedback, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards, and the firm’s overall scope and areas of expertise. First published in 2006, the 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada also lists 133 of the firm lawyers, 275 times, across 52 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault LLP provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on an integrated approach to the practice of law and delivery of innovative client services, the firm brings its legal talent, industry insight and practice experience to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.