Making a Difference Together
McCarthy Tétrault Foundation
One of the most significant ways in which our firm contributes to Canadian communities is through the McCarthy Tétrault Foundation, a firm-wide, regionally represented organization governed by a board of directors who meet monthly. We created the Foundation in 1997 – a first among Canadian law firms – to oversee our firm-wide charitable giving and sponsorships.The Foundation’s goals are to:
- deliver on our obligations as a major player in the Canadian legal and economic landscape
- give back to the communities in which we reside and work
- recognize the significant contribution that Canadian law schools make to our success in a way that supports our recruitment efforts to continually attract the best and brightest students
- coordinate our giving program such that the objectives of the firm and our donations in all regions are appropriately aligned
The funds available to the Foundation since its inception have been disbursed under two broad categories:
1. Community and local charitable causes, including specific capital campaigns and arts organizations supported by the firm.
2. Law school donations, including sponsoring law student internships and capital campaigns on an ongoing basis. This giving is determined in consultation with members of our Student Program. For example, through the Foundation’s annual contribution, McCarthy Tétrault is the exclusive law firm partner for Pro Bono Students Canada, which operates in law schools across the country.
The Foundation supports over 160 Canadian organizations and institutions, including hospitals, local charities, food banks, youth and cultural programs, arts organizations and law schools.
(Chair of the Foundation)
Nigel Johnston (Ontario)
Philippe Cantin (Québec)
McCarthy Tétrault’s Atrisha Lewis selected as a DiverseCity Fellow
Deron Waldock joins McCarthy Tétrault’s Pensions, Benefits & Executive Compensation Group in Toronto
McCarthy Tétrault recognized by Lexpert for acting in four of the Top 10 deals and three of the Top 10 business decisions of 2017
Fred Purkey joins McCarthy Tétrault’s Tax Group in Montréal
McCarthy Tétrault is proud to announce its 2018 new partners
McCarthy Tétrault Releases 3rd Edition of Canadian Power- Key Developments and Trends to Watch
In Memory of John H.C. Clarry MBE, ED, CD, QC
Adam Goldenberg, a McCarthy Tétrault Litigation Lawyer, is awarded the Meritorious Service Medal
McCarthy Tétrault Honoured as Law Firm of the Year at the 3rd Annual Canadian Fintech & AI Awards
McCarthy Tétrault’s Paul Boniferro appointed the Deputy Attorney General of the Province of Ontario