Anti-Bribery and Corruption Compliance: Coping With the Onslaught
November 6, 2012
Chaired by John Boscariol, Leader of our International Trade & Investment Law Group, this full-day program, presented by Lexpert was featuring Paul Blyschak, David Porter, Brenda Swick and Christopher Wayland who spoke on critical anti-corruption and enforcement issues for Canadian companies. Attendees heard from Canadian enforcement authorities, including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Public Prosecution Service of Canada (Vancouver).
The program was offered in Vancouver on November 26, in Calgary on November 27 and in Toronto on November 29.
Program highlights included:
- Overview of the anti-corruption compliance landscape
- RCMP perspective on enforcement issues
- Dealing with Enforcement: Responding to a CFPOA Investigation
- M&A Anti-Corruption Due Diligence
- Gifts, Hospitality, Entertainment, Travel and Accommodation Expenses & Facilitation Payments: What is permissible?
- Mitigating Agent, Consultant and third party risk
- Investigating potential breaches within the company