Congratulations to our 15 newest partners at McCarthy Tétrault
January 29, 2016
Toronto, January 29, 2016 – Please join us in congratulating our 15 new partners recently invited into the partnership. These new partners are remarkable individuals who advise our clients across all markets and industries within the firm’s practice.
“Our new partners are mentors and leaders in our firm and our industry,” said Paul Boniferro, National Leader, People & Practices. “Each has strong client relationships, a successful track record and an exceptional dedication to the values on which McCarthy Tétrault was founded: passion, excellence and innovation. Their admission to the partnership is truly well-deserved.”
“Becoming a partner of our firm is a very significant accomplishment. This talented and hardworking group of lawyers have continually demonstrated an unrelenting commitment to our clients and our firm throughout their careers at McCarthy Tétrault,” said Marc-André Blanchard, Chair and CEO. “We look forward to their continued success and leadership.”
Our new partners will play a vital role within our firm as we continue to shape the legal industry in Canada through excellence, innovation and an unparalleled dedication to our clients. Our new partners are:
- Jody Aldcorn (Vancouver) has a practice focused primarily in the areas of infrastructure, project finance and general corporate and commercial law, and has significant experience in the aviation industry.
- Louis-Nicolas Boulanger (Montréal) focuses his practice principally on private mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions and project financing in the energy, mining and infrastructure industries, with significant domestic and global experience in wind, hydroelectric and cogeneration projects.
- Daniel G.C. Glover (Toronto) maintains a litigation and advisory practice centered in information law, with expertise in privacy, copyright and trade-mark disputes, intellectual property management, cybersecurity, anti-spam and advertising compliance, and Internet law.
- Julie Parla (Toronto) focuses her practice on infrastructure litigation, construction and energy sector infrastructure project disputes, procurement matters, and real property litigation.
- Isabelle Vendette (Montréal) is a litigator whose practice is primarily focused on complex commercial and civil litigation, including class actions and injunctions. She has appeared before all courts in Québec and many administrative tribunals.
- Ben Aberant (Toronto & Calgary) concentrates his practice on a variety of labour and employment issues, including employment standards, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, wrongful dismissals, human rights issues, grievances, labour arbitrations and privacy issues in the workplace.
- Wilson Acton (Calgary) has a business law practice focused on corporate finance, securities and M&A transactions, with expertise in advising clients in the oil and gas sector on various matters including private and public offerings, asset and share transactions, stock exchange listings and corporate governance.
- Gordon Cameron (Calgary) has a general corporate practice in relation to corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and corporate governance. Gordon frequently advises special committees and routinely acts as corporate secretary for public and private companies.
- Mark Firman (Toronto) advises on all aspects of pensions, benefits and executive compensation. He is regularly involved in pension fund investments (including “alternative” investments), de-risking, pension and trust fund governance, and the design and taxation of health and welfare benefit, bonus and equity incentive plans.
- Charles Flicker (Montréal) focuses his practice on commercial real estate, including retail and commercial leasing, acquisitions, real property components of mergers and acquisitions, sale and leaseback transactions, as well as financing transactions on behalf of corporate borrowers and financial institutions.
- Bryn Gray (Toronto) has a broad advocacy and advisory practice that includes commercial and environmental litigation, Aboriginal law and professional liability matters.
- Ian Mak (Toronto) has a corporate practice specializing in all aspects of banking and secured lending transactions, including leveraged acquisition transactions, syndicated financings, subordinate and mezzanine lending, bond financings, asset-based lending, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financings and general credit matters.
- Byron Shaw (Toronto) has a litigation practice focusing on high-stakes, complex corporate and commercial litigation, class actions, product liability, constitutional and administrative law, and professional liability.
- Charles-Antoine Soulière (Québec City) maintains a practice focusing on securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance, venture capital, as well as general business and corporate matters.
- Morgan Troke (Vancouver) manages a practice focused mainly in the areas of commercial law and financial services, with an emphasis on project finance, public-private partnerships, infrastructure and renewable energy projects. Morgan has extensive experience acting for domestic and international developers, equity sponsors, lenders and other participants in connection with complex project financings across North America.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories