McCarthy Tétrault lawyers named Lawyer of the Year in The Best Lawyers in Canada
August 15, 2013
Leonard T. Doust
J. Robert Doyle
David A.N. Lever
Charles S. Morgan
D. James Papadimitriou
David E. Platts
Simon V. Potter
Toronto, August 13, 2013 — For over 25 years, Best Lawyers in Canada has compiled its list of outstanding lawyers and this year, McCarthy Tétrault is pleased to have 13 lawyers recognized as "Lawyer of the year" in the 2014 edition.
Only one lawyer in each practice area in each evaluated city can be named "Lawyer of the Year" for his or her abilities, professionalism and integrity. The designation reflects the high level of respect they have earned among peers in the same practice area.
The following McCarthy Tétrault professionals were names "Lawyer of the Year":
- Marc-André Blanchard – Montréal Defamation and Media Law
- François Amyot– Québec City Corporate Law
- Leonard T. Doust QC– Vancouver Criminal Defense
- J. Robert Doyle– Montréal Equipment Finance Law
- Byran Gibson QC–Vancouver Structured Finance Law
- David A. N. Lever– Toronto Project Finance Law
- Charles S. Morgan– Montréal Technology Law
- Kieth Mullback– Calgary Real Estate Law
- D. James Papadimitriou– Montréal Asset-Based Lending
- David E. Platts– Montréal Medical Negligence
- Simon V. Potter– Montréal International Trade and Finance Law
- Madeleine Renaud– Montréal Administrative and Public Law
- Rosemarie Wertschek QC–Vancouver Tax Law
In Best Lawyers’ 2014 guide, over 150 McCarthy Tétrault practitioners are recognized across 42 practice areas.
About McCarthy Tétrault
McCarthy Tétrault provides a broad range of legal services, advising on large and complex assignments for Canadian and international interests. The firm has substantial presence in Canada’s major commercial centres and in London, UK.
Built on a unique model of collaboration, the firm brings its legal talent, industry knowledge and practice experience, wherever needed, to help clients achieve the results that are important to them.
— 30 —
For further information, or to request an interview with a McCarthy Tétrault lawyer, please contact:
Director of Communications
Canada’s leading business law and litigation firm since 1855
Canada's first 'national' law firm — a significant development in the legal industry requiring approval from the Supreme Court of Canada
We deliver integrated legal solutions nationally and globally through our business law, tax, real property, labour and employment, and litigation expertise
Approximately 500 lawyers in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal and Québec City, as well as in New York City and London, UK
Canada’s top litigation firm for more than 150 years
One of the top Canadian financial services practices by leading national and international legal directories
One of the nation’s top-ranked tax law practices by leading tax directories
Rated the top real estate law firm in Canada by leading national and international legal directories