Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Samuel Lepage is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, including class actions, shareholders’ remedies, professional liability, construction law, product liability and property law, before trial and appellate courts.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Mr. Lepage practiced civil and commercial litigation at a boutique law firm specializing in class actions.
Mr. Lepage’s experience includes:
- Acting for groups and businesses, both plaintiffs and defendants, in class actions, especially with regard to competition, financial fraud and manufacturer liability;
- Acting for property owners in latent defect litigations;
- Acting for a major industrial equipment manufacturer in a manufacturer liability litigation;
- Acting for minority and majority shareholders in an oppression remedy;
- Acting for an executive in a wrongful dismissal case;
- Acting for property owners in construction defect and defective work litigations involving construction contractors and professionals;
- Acting for construction contractors in mortgage litigations; and
- Acting for companies in cases of injunctions and seizures before judgment.
Mr. Lepage obtained a bachelor of laws (LL. B.) from Université de Montréal where he participated in the renowned Laskin National Moot Court Competition in administrative law in 2013. During his undergraduate degree, Mr. Lepage also worked for Thémis, a prestigious legal publisher, under the leadership of Professor Didier Lluelles. He had the opportunity to participate in the updating of books on doctrine, such as the treatise called Droit des obligations by authors Lluelles and Moore.
Mr. Lepage is a member of the Young Bar Association of Montreal and the Junior Chamber of Commerce of Montreal, in which he is actively involved. He was called to the Québec Bar in 2014.
McCarthy Tétrault Releases 3rd Edition of Canadian Power- Key Developments and Trends to Watch
Transactions & Cases
InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund Partners acquire stake in Skyservice Investments Inc.