Lawyer Profile Detail
Université de Montréal
Xin Gao is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, financing transactions, corporate reorganizations and outsourcing arrangements, her practice focuses on securities and technology law.
Ms. Gao’s most recent mandates include:
- Acting for a foreign company in its take-over of a Canadian mining company;
- Acting for Skion GmbH in the connection with its acquisition of 70% of the shares of Ovivo Inc.;
- Acting for Timbercreek in the merger of their two mortgage investment corporations which resulted in the largest mortgage investment corporation in Canada;
- Acting for CGN Mining Company Limited in connection with its acquisition of 19.99% of the shares of Fission Uranium Corp.; and
- Acting for an aeronautics company in its global IT outsourcing agreement
Ms. Gao also provides advice to financial institutions, investment funds and private sector enterprises on a variety of legal issues such as securities regulation, investor rights, privacy and personal data protection. She has also drafted privacy terms and intellectual property licensing agreements.
Ms. Gao obtained her Bachelor of Civil Law degree (LLB) from Université de Montréal in 2012. She then received a full Québec-China scholarship to continue her law studies in Beijing. In 2014, she obtained a Master of International Economic Law (LLM) from China University of Political Science and Law. Ms. Gao is fluent in French, English and Mandarin (both written and spoken) and is also a member of McCarthy Tétrault’s Asia Practice Group.
Ms. Gao is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Young Bar Association of Montréal and the Canada-China Business Council. She was called to the Québec Bar in 2014.
Transactions & Cases