Lawyer Profile Detail
Louis-Philippe Samson is an associate in our Business Law Group in Québec City. His practice focuses mainly on mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate financing, financial services, as well as general corporate legal matters.
Mr. Samson has acted for various Canadian and international purchasers, vendors, issuers, investors, lenders and borrowers operating notably in high-tech and regulated industries, in connection with mergers and acquisitions, implementation of credit facilities and public and private offerings.
Mr. Samson’s experience includes participating in the following transactions and mandates:
- Initial public offering and secondary offering of NYX Gaming Group Inc. of a value of $49.5 million through a syndicate of underwriters led by Canaccord Genuity Corp.;
- FYi Eye Care Services and Products Inc. in connection with the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Groupe Marchand Inc.;
- Majority shareholders of Bookenda in connection with the sale of all of its issued and outstanding shares to Yellow Media Limited;
- Colt Resources Inc. in connection with a $30 million financing commitment by CITIC-GEM Fund and CITIC;
- Counsel to Teranga Gold Corporation, in connection with various mandates in Senegal; and
- Groupe Lebel Inc. in connection with (i) the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Cambium Group Inc.; (ii) the investment of Fonds Valorisation Bois, S.E.C.; and (iii) the purchase of the assets of Daaquam Lumber Inc.
Mr. Samson obtained a bachelor’s degree in civil law from Université Laval in 2012 and was on the honour roll of the Faculty of Law for 2012-2013. Prior to studying law, he completed a bachelor’s degree in business administration at HEC Montréal in 2009; during this program of studies, he had the opportunity, among other things, to attend Hanken Swedish School of Economics in Finland. Mr. Samson is the Chairman of the board of directors of Théâtre Périscope in Québec City.
He was called to the Québec Bar in 2013.
Transactions & Cases
AccorHotels acquires three iconic hotel brands - Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel
Québec Iron Ore Inc. and Champion Iron Mines Limited purchase the Bloom Lake Mine and related rail and mining assets from Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
CDPQ acquires 30% of Bombardier Transportation Holdco for US$1.5B
Advising Hummingbird Resources PLC on a Mineral Development Agreement signed with Government of Liberia for 4.2Moz Dugbe Gold Project