Lawyer Profile Detail
Mason Gordon is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Group in Montreal. He has a corporate practice with a focus on commercial transactions and corporate governance, being primarily involved in assisting the firm’s clients with mergers and acquisitions of both public and private companies.
Mason has recently been involved in the following McCarthy Tétrault mandates:
- Member of a team representing an auto parts aftermarket distributor in connection with the acquisition of Canadian distribution businesses;
- Member of a team representing an institutional investor in the context of a private placement equity offering;
- Member of a team representing the principle shareholder of a leading organic beverage company in the context of a share purchase transaction;
- Member of a team creating complex partnership structures for transnational corporate entities; and
- Member of teams involved in acquisitions and sales of significant commercial real estate assets for institutional investors and large private companies.
During law school, Mason was the president of the McGill Business Law Association and vice president of the student government. He also ran a legal clinic, worked as a tutorial leader at the McGill Faculty of Law and published several articles. He won McGill’s Wainwright Essay Prize for his essay which dealt with the concept of good faith in business law.
Prior to beginning his practice, Mason worked as a student at a Montreal law firm where he focused primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial law, trained as a corporate law mentee at a large London law firm, and articled in the Business Law Group at McCarthy Tétrault.
Mason earned his Civil and Common Law degrees from McGill University in 2012 and his Masters of Corporate Law from Cambridge University in 2014. Prior to law school, he pursued studies in Honours Commerce at John Abbott College. Mason was called to the Québec bar in 2015, and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association.
Federal Government Introduces Bail-In Legislation: Bill C-15
McCarthy Tétrault presents Vestra Vox, Canada’s first national student law blog
Transactions & Cases
Intact Financial Corporation completes C$150M Preferred Share Offering
Intact Financial Corporation completes C$754M Subscription Receipt Offering comprised of C$414M Bought Deal and C$340M Private Placement
BCE announces agreement to acquire Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS) for C$3.9B