Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Anne-Marie Naud is a partner in our Business Law Group in Quebec City. She practices corporate and securities law. She handles all aspects of corporate law and advises companies on governance, structure and compliance issues.
Ms. Naud has represented many private and public companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, corporate financing arrangements and restructurings in traditional industries, as well as in the technology and insurance sectors. Her expertise includes drafting and negotiating franchising, operating and distribution contracts and other commercial agreements for companies operating in the retail sector, as well as in the area of financial products and services. As regards public companies, she has been involved in all aspects of securities law, including IPOs, private placements and other transactions carried out in the technology, clean energy and mining sectors. Ms. Naud also has extensive experience as a corporate secretary to the boards of various public and private companies.
Representative transactions in which Ms. Naud has been involved include the following:
- Counsel to Managem Group in connection with a mandate in Africa;
- Counsel to Innovente Inc., a listed company operating in the renewable energy sector, in connection with numerous financing and acquisition transactions;
- Counsel to Robex Resources Inc., a listed company operating in the mining sector in Mali, in connection with various matters pertaining to governance, compliance and private placements involving equity securities and financing transactions;
- Counsel to the Société immobilière du Québec (SIQ), a government-owned property development company, in connection with the governance review carried out following changes to the applicable legal framework;
- Counsel to SSQ Insurance in connection with the acquisition of AXA Insurance’s life insurance operations in Canada previously sold to Intact Insurance;
- Counsel to SSQ Insurance in connection with various governance and corporate matters;
- Counsel to Federated Coop in connection with an equity investment in Groupe BMR Inc.;
- Counsel to Investissement Québec in connection with various financing arrangements involving loans and equity investments;
- Counsel to BRP Inc. in connection with the company’s initial public offering.
Ms. Naud is listed as a leading lawyer "repeatedly recommended" in corporate mid-market, private equity, corporate commercial law and mergers & acquisitions in the current edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory.
Ms. Naud is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Institute of Corporate Directors and the Quebec Association of Women in Finance (AFFQ). She has given talks at various seminars, including those organized by the Canadian Institute and Université Laval’s Faculty of Law.
Ms. Naud serves as vice-president of the Jane H. Dunn Foundation and as director and vice-president of the Corporation de l’Externat Saint-Jean-Berchmans. She earned a bachelor’s degree in law at Université Laval in 1990 and was called to the Quebec Bar in 1992.
Québec Court of Appeal Recognizes Implied Obligations in Franchise Agreement: What Does This Really Mean?
Transactions & Cases
Innovente closes C$1 million private placement with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
Bombardier Recreational Products completes C$262.3 million initial public offering
Innoventé closes C$2.26 million private placement of common shares
Wynnchurch Capital and CDPQ acquire Groupe Moreau
Innovente completes C$5 million private placement financing
SSQ Life Insurance Company completes C$300 million acquisition of AXA Life Insurance
Industrial Alliance completes $250 million offering of subordinated debentures