Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Windsor
Lama Sabbagh is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Her practice focuses on corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on corporate finance, structured finance, project finance, private equity and investment funds.
Lama regularly advises issuers and underwriters in connection with public securities offerings and private placements, with experience in:
- securitization transactions covering a variety of asset classes, including auto and equipment loans and leases, residential mortgages, lines of credit and credit cards;
- establishment of covered bond programmes and related international and Canadian offerings;
- secured and unsecured debt offerings;
- cross border transactions; and
- establishment of investment funds and products.
In addition, Lama acts for sponsors, private equity funds, alternative investment funds and lenders on a wide range of financing transactions.
In 2012, Lama completed a three month secondment to the Toronto-Dominion Bank and, in 2011, a six week secondment to the Corporate Finance Branch of the Ontario Securities Commission.
Lama obtained her JD, MBA and B.Comm (Hons.) with Distinction (Finance Concentration) from the University of Windsor. She was called to the Ontario bar in 2013. She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association.
Transactions & Cases
Shaw Communications completes C$300M senior note offering
Chaudière Hydro L.P. completes C$203.8M bond offering
Royal Gold announces agreement to acquire gold and silver stream on Barrick’s Interest in the Pueblo Viejo mine
Teck announces Carmen de Andacollo Gold Stream
Chesswood acquires Blue Chip Leasing Corporation and EcoHome Financial
Northland Power Solar Finance One L.P. Completes $232 Million Private Placement Offering of Bonds