Lawyer Profile Detail
Matthew V. Harris
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Matthew is a senior associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. Matthew advises on corporate and securities law matters for clients across numerous industries, with a focus on corporate finance and mergers and acquisition transactions and corporate governance matters.
Matthew’s experience includes advising public and private issuer clients on acquisitions and dispositions of shares and business assets, public and exempt market offerings, initial public offerings, stock exchange listings and corporate reorganizations. He also works with public companies to ensure compliance with securities laws and stock exchange rules, including timely and continuous disclosure obligations and general corporate governance matters, and has acted as legal counsel to financial advisors and special committees to provide advice in the context of public merger and acquisition transactions.
RECENT M&A EXPERIENCE ADVISING:
- Fyffes plc in its acquisition of Highline Produce Limited for C$145 million
- Highline Produce Limited in its acquisition of All Seasons Mushrooms for C$59.1 million
- Corby Spirit and Wine Limited in its acquisition of The Foreign Affair Winery
- Corby Spirit and Wine Limited in its acquisition of the spirits business of Domaines Pinnacle Inc.
- Olymel L.P. in its acquisition of Pinnacle Farms Inc.
- An Ontario-based Turkey producer in the sale of certain farm assets and its Turkey production business to a U.S. purchaser
- InstarAGF Asset Management Inc. in the acquisition of Skyservice Investments Inc., through the InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund
- Uni-Select Inc. in its acquisition of B.H. McFarlane Automotive Inc.
Matthew received his LLB from Dalhousie University in 2011 and was called to the Alberta bar in 2012 and the Ontario bar in 2015.
McCarthy Tétrault Assists Sunshine Oilsands Through Hong Kong IPO
Transactions & Cases
Corby Spirit and Wine acquires The Foreign Affair Winery
InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund Partners acquire stake in Skyservice Investments Inc.
Molson Coors Completes Acquisition of Full Ownership of MillerCoors and Global Miller Brand Portfolio
Enbridge Inc. Transfers Canadian Liquid Pipelines Business and Renewable Energy Assets to Enbridge Income Fund for C$30.4 billion
ORLEN Upstream completes C$183.7 million acquisition of TriOil Resources
Enbridge completes C$600 million preferred share offering
Enbridge closes US$400 million preferred share offering
Stem Cell Therapeutics closes C$3.1 million unit offering
Enbridge Income Fund Holdings completes C$95.5 million common share offering
Enbridge completes C$1.164 billion sale of crude oil storage and renewable power generation assets to Enbridge Income Fund