Lawyer Profile Detail
Max Thelonious Rogan
Max Thelonious Rogan is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. His practice focuses mainly on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, take-over defence and general commercial law. Mr. Rogan graduated with Great Distinction from McGill University in 2003, with Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL) and Bachelor of Common Law (LLB) degrees as well as an MBA degree. He also earned a Bachelor of Arts (BA) from the University of Alberta in 2000. He was called to the Québec bar in 2004 and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the International Bar Association and the Québec MBA Association.
Recent matters in which Mr. Rogan has been involved include:
- advising Cogeco Cable Inc. in connection with its $635 million acquisition by take-over bid circular of Peer 1 Network Enterprises, Inc., one of the world's leading IT hosting providers;
- advising KP Tissue Inc., an issuer holding an interest in Kruger Products L.P.-- Canada's leading manufacturer of issue products for household, industrial and commercial use, in connection with its $140 million initial public offering of common shares.
- advising OMERS Private Equity, the Caisse de dépôt et placement and other members of the consortium equity group in connection with the sale of Cari-All Group Inc., a leading North American manufacturer and distributor of shopping carts and related equipment, to Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH;
- advising Canadian Helicopters Limited, the largest helicopter transportation services company in Canada, in connection with its NZ$154 million acquisition of the assets of Helicopters (N.Z.) Limited, the largest helicopter transportation company in New Zealand;
- advising Zarlink Semiconductor Inc., a leading provider of mixed-signal chip technologies for communications and medical applications, in connection with the initial hostile take-over bid and subsequent negotiated acquisition of Zarlink by Microsemi Corporation in a transaction valued at approximately $635 million;
- advising General Mills with respect to Canadian matters in connection with its US$1.2 billion acquisition from PAI Partners and Sodiaal of a 51% controlling interest in Yoplait S.A.S. and a 50% interest in a related entity that holds the worldwide Yoplait brands;
- advising Desjardins Financial Group in connection with its $443 million acquisition by take-over bid circular of Western Financial Group Inc., the largest insurance and financial services retailer in Western Canada;
- advising salesforce.com, inc., a leading enterprise cloud computing company, in connection with its US$350 million acquisition of the shares of Radian6 Technologies Inc, a market and technology leader in social media monitoring and engagement;
- advising Cimbec Inc. with respect to the partnership entered into with S.E.C. Gisement McInnis with respect to the development of the Port-Daniel cement plant project in the Gaspé Peninsula of Québec;
- advising the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in connection with its $259 million acquisition of a 50% interest in South East Water Limited, a regulated utilities company supplying drinking water in England;
- advising Neovia Financial PLC, an AIM-listed global provider of on-line payment solutions, in connection with its US$50 million acquisition of the payment processing business of Optimal Payments;
- advising Mascoma Corporation, a U.S.-based bioprocessing technology company, in its US$51 million acquisition of SunOpta BioProcess Inc. from SunOpta Inc. and with respect to other corporate and transactional matters;
- advising a number of major publicly traded Canadian issuers, including Zarlink Semiconductor Inc., Diagnocure Inc., Major Drilling Group International Inc. and Canadian Helicopters with respect to the preparation and implementation of shareholder rights plans and with respect to take-over defence.
Québec Unveils its New Mining Tax Regime
Transactions & Cases
Cogeco Cable completes C$635 acquisition of Peer 1 Network Enterprises
KP Tissue completes C$140 million initial public offering
Canadian Solar and SkyPower Complete Solar Project Purchase and Launch International Joint Venture
OMERS Private Equity and Partners Sell Cari-All Group to Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH
Gisement McInnis and Cimbec Canada Inc. partner for the development of the Port Daniel cement plant project
Microsemi Acquires Zarlink Semiconductor
Desjardins Financial Group acquires Western Financial Group Inc.
Canadian Helicopters Limited acquires Helicopters (N.Z.) Limited
General Mills acquires Yoplait
salesforce.com completes US$350 million acquisition of the social media monitoring company Radian6