Lawyer Profile Detail
University of British Columbia
British Columbia, 2006
Genevieve Pinto is a partner in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. Her areas of practice include corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation and corporate governance matters. She acts for both public and private companies and underwriters in Canadian and cross-border securities offerings and advises clients on the purchase and sale of businesses, take-over bids, early stage and venture capital financing, private equity transactions, corporate and commercial matters, corporate governance matters, executive compensation and public company disclosure obligations.
Ms. Pinto represents clients in a wide variety of industries, including mining, technology, retail, forestry and real estate. Representative transactions on which Ms. Pinto has advised include:
- Acquisition by Interfor Corporation of Tolleson Lumber;
- Preferred share venture capital financing round for a biotechnology company;
- Sale of BC Biomedical Laboratories to LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services;
- TD Securities-led underwriting syndicate in Gateway Casino’s $200 million high-yield bond offering;
- Warehousing and logistics contracts for national retail services provider;
- Interfor Corporation’s $75 million bought deal offering;
- Acquisition of Neo Materials Technologies Inc. by Molycorp Minerals by plan of arrangement;
- Acquisition by Rio Tinto plc of Hathor Exploration Limited by way of take-over bid;
- $300 million initial public offering of Whistler Blackcomb Holdings Inc. and acquisition of Whistler Blackcomb assets from Intrawest ULC; and
- $550 million senior Notes offering by North American real estate developer.
Ms. Pinto serves on the board of the YWCA Metro Vancouver.
Ms. Pinto is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth, the Association of Women in Finance, the Vancouver Board of Trade, the Institute of Corporate Directors, the Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia and Women in Capital Markets.
Rules Requiring Disclosure of Participation of Women on Boards and in Senior Management coming into force December 31, 2014
Ontario Proposes Four New Capital Raising Prospectus Exemptions
Securities Regulators Publish Guidance on the Use of Preliminary Economic Assessments
BCSC Proposes Amendments to NI 45-106 to Require Additional Disclosure From Issuers Raising Capital Under Prospectus Exemptions
Transactions & Cases
hyperWALLET Systems completes sale to Primus Capital
AutoCanada closes C$132.3 million treasury and secondary common share offering
BC Biomedical Laboratories completes sale to LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services
Molycorp completes C$1.3 billion acquisition of Neo Materials
Rio Tinto completes US$5.8 billion acquisition of Ivanhoe Mines and agrees to support US$7.3 billion financing plan
Mercator Minerals completes C$195 million acquisition of Creston Moly Corp.
Westport Innovations closes US$273.6 million offering of common shares
Rio Tinto PLC completes C$650 acquisition of Hathor Exploration
Zymeworks completes C$8.1 million round of financing
Pender Financial completes C$11.28 million acquisition of securities in Icron Technologies