Lawyer Profile Detail
University of Toronto
Paul Galbraith's practice currently includes mid and large scale secured lending transactions, acquisitions and divestitures, commercial and industrial development projects, stock/share purchase transactions, and commercial leasing. He has recently been involved in the following:
- $2-billion acquisition of a 23 property office tower portfolio;
- $600-million first mortgage bond financing secured by West Edmonton Mall;
- $500-million and $350-million CMBS securitizations;
- $400 million financing secured by an upscale mixed use hotel/condominium development in downtown Toronto;
- $330-million stock purchase involving four European hotel properties;
- $300-million secured construction financing facility in Toronto, Ontario.
- $250-million financing secured by prominent Toronto office tower;
- $138-million acquisition financing to a limited partnership for the purchase of 150 condominium properties in Ottawa, ON; and
- $135-million secured construction financing facility in Ottawa, Ontario.
Mr. Galbraith holds a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from the University of Calgary (1998), a master’s degree from Cambridge University in philosophy (2000) and a master’s degree from Cambridge University in mathematical logic (2002). He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toronto in 2005, and was called to the Ontario bar in 2006. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.
Transactions & Cases
Gosfield Wind Financial Corporation completes wind farm refinancing
TD Bank provides loan in connection with Dundee Industrial REIT's acquisition of an industrial portfolio
GDF SUEZ Canada completes reorganization and project financing
Kingdom Hotels (Toronto) completes C$165 million acquisition of Four Seasons Toronto
Allied Properties REIT completes C$100 million offering of units and acquisition of Toronto property portfolio
Dundee REIT Purchases Slate/Blackstone Office Portfolio for $832M
Lake Shore Gold Corp. completes US $50 Million Corporate Revolving Credit Facility
Cascades Inc., Cascades USA Inc., and Cascades Europe SAS completes $750M CDN refinancing
Cadillac Fairview and Ivanhoe Cambridge sell Cataraqui Town Centre to Primaris Retail REIT
555 Carrière Holdings Acquires Gatineau Office Tower and Secures Financing from OMERS