Lawyer Profile Detail
Véronique Wattiez Larose
AREA OF EXPERTISE
Université de Montréal
Véronique Wattiez Larose is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Ms. Wattiez Larose’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity (including venture capital) and ongoing business matters, primarily for technology clients. She is also a Canadian Registered Trade-mark Agent.
Ms. Wattiez Larose represents clients in a wide variety of areas, including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, video games and computer software, the music industry, the clothing industry and aeronautics. She also provides advice on all commercial aspects of intellectual property law, including the drafting and negotiation of technology transfer agreements, intellectual property due diligence and strategic intellectual property portfolio management. Ms. Wattiez Larose also assists her client with setting up distributorships.
Ms. Wattiez Larose has been recognized in the current edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a «consistently recommended» practitioner in the area of technology transactions law and as a «repeatedly recommended» practitioner in the areas of biotechnology, computer & IT law and private equity.
Recently, Ms. Wattiez Larose acted as legal advisor to the following corporations and institutions:
- Medicago Inc. in the negotiation of licensing agreements with Philip Morris International;
- CO2 Solutions Inc. in the negotiation of various joint development and collaboration agreements;
- Guavus, Inc. in the acquisition of Neuralitic Systems Inc.;
- Caprion Proteomics Inc. in its acquisition by Chicago Growth Partners;
- Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) in their investment in CT-Paiement Inc. and 7G Entertainment Inc.;
- McGill University in the negotiation of licensing agreements with AmorChem Holdings Inc. and agreements with Génome Québec for the operation of the McGill University and Génome Québec Innovation Centre;
- Bell Mobility in the acquisition of Virgin Mobile Canada;
- Cellfish Media in the acquisition of Airborne Mobile Inc.; and
- Tandem Expansion Fund in the financing of Solace Systems Inc., Acquisio Inc., Coveo Solutions Inc. and Beyond the rack Enterprises Inc.
- Textron Inc. in its acquisition of Mechtronix Inc.
- Barco Inc. in its acquisition of X20 Media Inc.
- IMI plc in its acquisition of Mécanique Analytique Inc.
Ms. Wattiez Larose is a member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada and sits on the board of directors of Réseau Capital and on the management committee of the Université de Montréal L.R. Wilson Chair in Information Technologies and E-Commerce Law. She is also the firm’s representative and coordinator of the business development working group of the Justicia project of the Québec Bar for the retention of women in private practice.
Ms. Wattiez Larose was assigned to a secondment with two of the firm’s biggest clients, a venture capital institutional investor and a contract manufacturing and pharmaceuticals company.
Ms. Wattiez Larose received her LLB in 1996 from the Université de Montréal and later pursued graduate studies with the Institute for Comparative Law at McGill University. She was called to the Québec bar in 1999.
Year in Review: Technology Law
Doing Business in Québec: Civil Law for the Common Law IT Practitioner
Important Guidance From the Supreme Court on Misleading Advertising
Social media networks: Yes! They are well and truly personal
From Innovation to Enhancement: How to extract maximum value from your intellectual assets
Social Networks and Corporate Disclosure: The New Reality?
Social Media: Bridging the Divide Between Marketing and Legal Departments
Managing the Legal Risks of Social Technology — Part II
Managing the Legal Risks of Social Technology
7th Annual Disclosure & Governance Seminar
Transactions & Cases
Novacap acquires Joseph Ribkoff
Telecon closes a C$70M Equity Financing with Clearspring Capital Partners
Viterra acquires TRT-ETGO
Mattel completes US$460 million acquisition of MEGA Brands
Textron completes acquisition of two flight simulation and aircraft training products suppliers
Produced Water Absorbents completes C$9.2 million acquisition of ProSep Inc.'s assets
Medicago completes C$357 million sale to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
IMI plc completes acquisition of Analytical Flow Products
Bombardier Recreational Products completes C$262.3 million initial public offering
Thomson CompuMark acquires Onscope's trademark business