Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Sherbrooke
Éric Gosselin is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montreal. He practises in all major areas of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, corporate restructuring and financing.
Mr. Gosselin has advised on a number of Canadian and cross-border acquisitions. He acts for a variety of manufacturers of food and alcoholic beverages. He has advised such manufacturers in both regulatory matters and general commercial matters.
Mr. Gosselin’s recent experience includes acting for:
- Molson Inc. in connection with the reorganization of the Canadian brewery business of Molson Canada in the context of Molson Inc. merger of equals with Adolph Coors Company;
- Uni-Sélect Inc. in its acquisition of Middle Atlantic Warehouse Distribution Inc.;
- Molson Canada in connection with its joint venture with Groupo Modelo (Corona) for the Canadian market;
- La Coop fédérée in connection with its acquisition of Agronomy Company of Canada;
- Olymel in connection with its joint venture with Westco Group in the Maritimes;
- 3M Company in connection with its acquisition of Solumed Inc.;
- Diageo Canada in connection with its acquisition of Valleyfield distillery from Constellation distillery;
- Induspac in connection with Société générale de financement’s investment.
Mr. Gosselin is listed in the latest edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada, as a leading lawyer in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, corporate commercial law and corporate mid-market. He has been also recognized for his expertise in the 2013 IFLR 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms as a leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions area.
Mr. Gosselin received a bachelor’s degree in agricultural science and a certificate in environmental studies from McGill University in 1991. In 1994, he was awarded his LLL from the Université de Sherbrooke and was called to the Québec bar in 1995. He has been a member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec since 1998.
Transactions & Cases
Molson Coors Completes Acquisition of Full Ownership of MillerCoors and Global Miller Brand Portfolio
Dubé & Loiselle Inc. completes the sale of all of its shares to Robraye Management Ltd.
S.C. Johnson completes sale of Canada’s Fruits & Passion to TheFaceShop
Groupe Pétrolier Norcan completes sale of 33% stake in Norcan Oil Terminal to Irving Oil
Olymel completes C$65.25 million acquisition of the Canadian assets of Big Sky Farms
La Coop fédérée, Investissement Québec and Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative to invest C$1.2 billion in IFFCO Canada
Rexel, S.A. closes US$400 million note offering
GFI Solutions completes C$75 million sale of 62.4% stake to three Québec venture capital funds
Cari-All Group sold to Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH by OMERS Private Equity
La Coop fédérée completes acquisition of Agrico Canada