Lawyer Profile Detail
AREA OF EXPERTISE
University of Sherbrooke
Éric Gosselin is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. He has been with the firm since 1995. He practises in all major areas of corporate and commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, corporate reorganizations and corporate finance.
Mr. Gosselin represents a number of businesses and financial institutions operating in agribusiness, especially in the areas of food processing and alcoholic beverage manufacturing. He counsels his clients on acquisitions, regulations and general commercial law.
Mr. Gosselin's recent experience includes:
- Representation of a group of Québec institutional investors in connection with their investments in Agropur Coopérative.
- Representation of La Coop fédérée in its acquisition of Agronomy Company of Canada.
- Representation of La Coop fédérée in its acquisition of Agrico Canada Ltd.
- Representation of La Coop fédérée in its acquisition of Co-op Atlantic’s agricultural division.
- Representation of La Coop fédérée in its acquisition of Groupe BMR’s remaining shares.
- Representation of Creemore Springs Brewery Limited in its acquisition of a minority interest in Brasseurs de Montréal Inc. and its partnership with Brasseurs de Montréal Inc.
- Representation of Creemore Springs Brewery Limited in its acquisition of Le Trou du Diable microbrewery.
- Representation of Corby Distilleries Limited in its acquisition of Domaines Pinnacle.
- Representation of Corby Distilleries Limited in its sale of Canadian rights to the Seagram Coolers brand to Brick Brewing Co. Limited.
- Representation of Dubé & Loiselle Inc. in the completion of the sale of all of its shares to Robraye Management Ltd.
- Representation of General Mills in its US$1.2 billion acquisition of Yoplait.
- Representation of General Mills in the sale of its Green Giant and Le Sieur brands to B&G Foods, Inc.
- Representation of Molson Coors in its acquisition of full ownership of MillerCoors and Global Miller Brand Portfolio.
- Representation of Olymel LP in connection with its joint venture with Westco Group Inc. in the Maritimes.
- Representation of Olymel LP in its acquisition of Pinnacle Farms.
- Representation of Olymel LP in its acquisition of La Fernandière Inc.
- Representation of Olymel LP in its acquisition of Big Sky Farms Inc.’s Canadian assets.
- Representation of Olymel LP in connection with its partnership with ATRAHAN Transformation Inc.
- Representation of Olymel LP in connection with its partnership with Groupe Robitaille (Aliments Lucyporc in Yamachiche, Québec).
- Representation of Olymel LP in its acquisition of Peace Pork Inc.’s hog production activities.
- Representation of Solotech Inc. in its acquisition of Midnite Hour Productions.
- Representation of Solotech Inc. in its acquisition of P.A. Plus Productions Inc.
- Representation of Canadian Helicopters Limited in connection with the acquisition of Nampa Valley Helicopters, Inc.
- Representation of HNZ Group Inc. in connection with the creation of Acasta Heliflight Inc.
- Representation of Acceo Solutions Inc. in connection with the sale to Constellation Software Inc.
- Representation of Alliance Corporation in connection with the sale to Ironbridge Equity Partners.
Mr. Gosselin is listed in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, a guide to the leading law firms and practitioners in Canada, as a leading lawyer "repeatedly recommended" in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and private equity, and "consistently recommended" in the commercial and corporate mid-market practice areas. Since 2013, he has also appeared in IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms as a leading lawyer in the areas of mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Gosselin received a bachelor’s degree in agricultural science and a certificate in environmental studies from McGill University in 1991. He received his LL.B. from Université de Sherbrooke in 1994. He was called to the Quebec bar in 1995. He has been a member of the Ordre des agronomes du Québec since 1998.
Mr. Gosselin sits on the Faculty Advisory Board of the Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences of McGill University (Macdonald Campus).
Transactions & Cases
Molson Coors Completes Acquisition of Full Ownership of MillerCoors and Global Miller Brand Portfolio
Dubé & Loiselle Inc. completes the sale of all of its shares to Robraye Management Ltd.
S.C. Johnson completes sale of Canada’s Fruits & Passion to TheFaceShop
Groupe Pétrolier Norcan completes sale of 33% stake in Norcan Oil Terminal to Irving Oil
Olymel completes C$65.25 million acquisition of the Canadian assets of Big Sky Farms
La Coop fédérée, Investissement Québec and Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative to invest C$1.2 billion in IFFCO Canada
Rexel, S.A. closes US$400 million note offering
GFI Solutions completes C$75 million sale of 62.4% stake to three Québec venture capital funds
Cari-All Group sold to Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH by OMERS Private Equity
La Coop fédérée completes acquisition of Agrico Canada